As I mentioned in my Clothing Haul post from Sunday, I recently went on a bit of a shopping spree at a local mall. While in Sephora, I picked up a couple of things that I’d like to share with you.
Sephora Favorites – Summer Essentials
I knew I had to purchase this the second I saw it. I am always reluctant to spend a large amount of money on an item I know nothing about (though Sephora does have a very generous return policy), so this collection is perfect for me. I get the opportunity to try out a few different products and see what I like. The kit is advertised as a retail value of $62 CAD, but sold for $49 CAD. In my local Sephora, the priced was reduced even further to $33 CAD!
Note: I am not sure if this product is available in American Sephora stores, or if it is exclusive to Canadian locations.
I am especially excited to find out if the Sol De Janeiro Bum Bum cream works, as I heard it can reduce stretch marks!
Here’s a list of all the items inside the Summer Essentials kit:
- Bumble and bumble. – Surf Spray (50ml / 1.7 fl oz)
- Estee Edit – Pore Vanishing Stick (4g / 0.14oz)
- First Aid Beauty – Ultra Lip Repair Therapy (14.8ml / 0.5 fl oz)
- Glamglow – Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer in Nude Glow (7ml / 0.24oz)
- Living Proof. – Restore Perfecting Spray (50ml / 1.7 fl oz)
- Murad – Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture (7.5ml / 0.25 fl oz)
- Origins – A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea (15ml / 0.5oz)
- Shiseido – Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 40 for Face/Body (15ml / 0.6oz)
- Sol De Janeiro – Brazilian Bum Bum Cream (24ml / 0.81 fl oz)
- Tarte – Brazilliance PLUS+ Self Tanner (15ml / 0.5 fl oz)
- Tarte – Tarteguard 30 Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection SPF 30 (7ml / 0.23 fl oz)
If you would like for me to review the items in this kit, please leave me a comment down below!
Too Faced – Better Than Sex Mascara ($30 CAD)
I honestly have no idea why it took me this long to try this mascara. People have been raving about this product for years, so I finally decided to give it a shot. So far, I absolutely love it! I definitely can’t confirm or deny their “1944% more volume claim”, but I will say it extends and adds volume to my lashes quite well. I love the wand shape, it even works well for putting mascara on the bottom lashes. The only thing I dislike about the wand is that it’s fairly heavier than the mascara wands I have used in the past.
Cruelty Free: ✓
Before purchasing this eyeshadow primer, I had been using a Mary Kay eyeshadow primer that I’d had for years. It was definitely time for a new one, and I’d heard some great things about the Urban Decay Primer Potion from my friends. I don’t wear eyeshadow frequently, but I like to use eyeshadow primer to keep my eyeliner in place all day.
Cruelty Free: ✓
Those are all of the items I picked up from Sephora during my latest visit. My total came to about $95 CAD, I’m sure most people can agree that trips to Sephora (while fun) are never cheap 😉
Do you have any of the makeup products that I mentioned? Did they end up working out for you? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Disclaimer: All links provided in the blog are for informational purposes only (none of them are affiliate links).