Paige from Books and Belle nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How ‘Chloe Plus Coffee’ Started:
Blogging has always been something I was interested in pursuing. In the past I have hastily thought of a name, created a free WordPress site, and thrown together a first post and clicked “publish”. This of course resulted in content I wasn’t proud of, and subsequently deleted.
In June of this year, I realized that after school ended, I would be stuck with nothing to do everyday. This led to me creating yet another blog, but this time, it was different. I created my first post (a review, which is still up on this blog!), and searched for the perfect theme in the limited ‘free’ section. On the day I published my first post, Chloe Plus Coffee received 8 views. As you can imagine, as a new blogger, I was thrilled. Ever since that day, I have gleefully watched my blog grow, and I am so excited to see what the future holds.
The next step in my blogging journey is to move to a self-hosted website. When I do this, I will likely redesign my website with a new theme and header.
Advice for New Bloggers:
1. Be proud of the content you post. If you’re not pleased with what you have put together: don’t post it! It doesn’t matter if you end up posting a day late, if you are not proud of the post then you will regret it later.
2. Get involved in the blogging community. I love going through blog posts in the WordPress reader and following blogs that I am interested in. That way, you’re not only discovering content that you like, but people will also be seeing your content.
April at Five Foot Fashion
Brook at brookjxnes
Chloe at Chloe Blogs
Chryztyners at My Purple Points
Felicia at Pretty But Poisonous
Haley at Haley’s Beauty Room
Jordynne at Jordynne’s Blog
Kaitlin at Kaitlin’s Korner
Katelyn at Kate Devenne
Kayleigh at Rose Allure
Lily at Lilyxoxoh
Lisa at Style Sencillo
Lucy at Lucy Charlotte
Maddi at the mountains are calling
Sofya at Rouge & Coffee
If you have already completed this tag and/or don’t feel like participating, that’s totally okay!
Thanks again to Paige for the nomination; be sure to check out her blog, as well as my nominees’ blogs.